About this Program
For those seeking a comprehensive education in both live and recorded audio, we offer our two‐year Professional Sound (Audio Specialist) Diploma Program. With a curriculum encompassing all aspects of the audio world, from inside the control room to the live stage, this program is the professional sound engineer’s ultimate educational experience.
- Full-time, two year program strategically designed to get you thoroughly trained in all aspects of recorded sound and live sound.
- Intensive practical experience in the theories and artistic styles used to setup and operate audio equipment for a variety of studio and live event applications.
- Extensive study and practical hands-on experience in the areas of analog and digital recording technologies, acoustic principles, music production, MIDI and audio signal processing applications.
- Extensive study and practical hands-on experience in the areas of analog and digital sound reinforcement technologies.
- Prepare for a career as a recording engineer for music, film and television post-production, digital media and a wide variety of live sound applications such as a FOH engineer, monitor engineer or audio system tech.
- Incredible opportunities to network and collaborate with students in other Metalworks Institute programs.
- Our exclusive educational partnership with Metalworks Studios and Metalworks Production Group provides students with unprecedented learning environments and networking opportunities.
with emphasis on safety considerations and safe working practices. Topics include rigging technologies and components; operation of ropes and counterweight arbor systems; working with natural-fiber, synthetic-fiber and wire rope; rigging spot lines; the hardware, materials and methods of flying scenic elements; and the application of common knots.
All instructors have been chosen for their industry experience, knowledge, accomplishments, and passion for teaching, and have been qualified by the Ministry of Advanced Education & Skills Development.
Each instructor brings real-world understanding into the classroom; a quality that is invaluable in a hands-on learning environment.
Students are taught through a variety of instructional methods including: lectures, workshops, labs, e-learning, clinics, and tutorials.
Instructors typically use audio-visual presentations, practical demonstrations, printed handouts, and interactive media resources.