About this Program
The Professional Sound & Business (Live Production Major) Diploma Program is designed for students who wish to target their career toward both the business side and the creative and technical side of the live event industry. With in-depth studies encompassing all aspects of live event production and the art of music business management, this engaging program strikes an excellent balance between technical sound and lighting skills, and the business principles associated with both the music and live event and entertainment industries.
- Full-time, two year program strategically designed to get you thoroughly trained in all aspects live sound and lighting technologies as well as the business of entertainment.
- Our contemporary program reflects our continuing commitment to comprehensive research and innovative curriculum development.
- A program that provides a comprehensive mix of quantitative, analytical and strategic skills.
- Intensive practical experience in the theories and artistic styles used to setup and operate audio and lighting equipment for a variety of live applications.
- Extensive study and practical hands-on experience in the areas of analog and digital technologies, acoustic principles, concert lighting technologies and electricity and electronics.
- In addition to progressive business concepts and management practices, this program features topics that offer students a wide array of business disciplines relevant to the entertainment field.
- Prepare for a career in tour management, concert promotion, live sound, artist management, venue management or system installations.
- Incredible opportunities to network and collaborate with students in other Metalworks Institute programs.
- Our exclusive educational partnership with Metalworks Production Group provides students with unprecedented learning environments and networking opportunities.
- Extensive networking capabilities derived through our educational partnerships with industry leading companies provide the most up to date information on trends and technologies impacting the entertainment industry.
All instructors have been chosen for their industry experience, knowledge, accomplishments, and passion for teaching, and have been qualified by the Ministry of Advanced Education & Skills Development.
Each instructor brings real-world understanding into the classroom; a quality that is invaluable in a hands-on learning environment.
Students are taught through a variety of instructional methods including: lectures, workshops, labs, e-learning, clinics, and tutorials.
Instructors typically use audio-visual presentations, practical demonstrations, printed handouts, and interactive media resources.