About this Program
The Professional Sound & Business (Studio Production Major) Diploma Program is designed for students interested in understanding the recording, music and entertainment industries from a business, technical and creative standpoint. With in-depth studies encompassing all aspects of recording production, engineering and entertainment business management, the courses in this dynamic program strike a balance between a technical and business education. The program provides students with a well-rounded perspective, allowing for expanded career pathways into the music, film and broadcast industries, as well as related areas in the entertainment business sector.
- Full-time, two year program focused on both the business and creative sides of entertainment including the music, film and broadcast industries.
- Intensive practical experience in the theories and artistic styles used to setup and operate recording equipment for a variety of studio applications.
- Extensive study and practical hands-on experience in the areas of analog and digital recording technologies, acoustic principles, music production, MIDI and audio signal processing applications.
- Prepare for a career as an audio engineer for music, film and television post-production and digital media with highly specialized business skills or a career in the business of entertainment with highly specialized audio skills.
- Incredible opportunities to network and collaborate with students in other Metalworks Institute programs.
- Our exclusive educational partnership with Metalworks Studios provides students with unprecedented learning environments and networking opportunities.
- Extensive business networking opportunities derived through our educational partnerships with industry leading companies provide the most up to date information on trends and technologies impacting the entertainment business.
All instructors have been chosen for their industry experience, knowledge, accomplishments, and passion for teaching, and have been qualified by the Ministry of Advanced Education & Skills Development.
Each instructor brings real-world understanding into the classroom; a quality that is invaluable in a hands-on learning environment.
Students are taught through a variety of instructional methods including: lectures, workshops, labs, e-learning, clinics, and tutorials.
Instructors typically use audio-visual presentations, practical demonstrations, printed handouts, and interactive media resources.