Metalworks Institute Covid-19 Response
Coronavirus (COVID-19): Metalworks Institute September 2020 Return to Campus – What to Expect
Metalworks Institute is committed to the health and safety of our students, staff, and faculty. As such, we have been taking every reasonable precaution to ensure the safety of all while delivering the same standard of world-class education that people have come to expect from Metalworks Institute. Fall term classes will begin at Metalworks Institute on September 8th 2020 with Diploma Programs being delivered using a combination of on-campus and online classes and workshops.
Our Administration, in collaboration with our Joint Health & Safety committee, have developed and implemented enhanced safety protocols in compliance with the policies and recommendations of the Government of Canada, the Province of Ontario and the Region of Peel. We have included a summary of our new policies below and look forward to welcoming students and faculty to campus for a safe and productive school year.
Overview of Safety Protocols at Metalworks Institute:
- A self-assessment reporting attestation will be provided to all staff, students, and visitors prior to entering the campus facilities.
- All staff, students and faculty on campus will complete mandatory daily healthy assessment check-ins and contactless temperature checks.
- Start-times will be staggered to reduce the number of people on campus, and to facilitate the orderly collection of attestations and distribution of PPE.
- Students will be organized into groups that will minimize contact and simplify contact tracing.
- Reception will administer contactless temperature stations on the ground floor to assess all staff, student, and visitors’ temperatures, provide them with proper PPE, help facilitate scheduling, and control access to the campus facilities.
- All workshop spaces, student waiting areas, and classrooms will accommodate physical distancing with the implementation of one-way traffic zones and physical distancing marked out on floors throughout buildings and particularly in common areas.
- Hand sanitizer will be available at all campus entrances and in each common area, classroom, and office space.
- Cleaning will be more frequent and will include the disinfection of high-frequency touchpoints such as desks, doorknobs, door handles, and faucets.
- Deep cleaning will be done between student groups.
- Windows and doors will remain open whenever possible to increase ventilation, and air-conditioning will be adjusted to optimize air exchange.
- Constraints on visitors on campus and additional PPE will be provided to staff and faculty who might need to interact with students or external stakeholders.
- Plexiglass barriers will be installed where physical distancing may be limited.
- Gatherings and meetings must be conducted in compliance with social distancing and group protocols as published by all three levels of government, virtually where possible.
- All consultations with members of the Metalworks Institute team will be available virtually or on an appointment-only basis.
- Anyone who has travelled outside of Canada must self-quarantine for 14 days upon return from travel and will not be allowed on campus without a negative COVID-19 test result from the Region of Peel (or their municipality of residence).
Rest assured that we are fully committed to the health and education of all of our students and will continue to monitor the evolving COVID-19 situation and adjust and improve our policies as necessary. If you have any questions about the 2020-2021 school year, please don’t hesitate to reach out to us.
Prospective students should contact our admissions team directly.
Current students should direct their questions to the Academics Department.
With best wishes to you and your loved ones,
Please continue to monitor the official sites for up to date information on the COVID-19 pandemic. If you have questions about COVID-19, please visit:
https://www.ontario.ca/page/2019-novel-coronavirus or call: 1.888.COVID.19 (1.888.268.4319)