Recording Technologies: Microphones
This course will provide students with a broad introduction into the theoretical and creative principles used in sound for motion picture and television. During this course students will be introduced to the history and evolution of the film industry, on location recording processes, post production techniques, the mixing process, and the multiple output formats used.
Made possible with the support of the Ontario Media Development Corporation.
- Introduction to Sound
- Introduction to Microphones
- Microphone Accessories
- Signal Flow
- Polar Patterns
- Frequency Response and Proximity Effect
- Microphone Controls
- Phase & Phase Cancellation
- Choosing the Right Microphone
- Stereo Microphone Techniques