Professional Sound & Business (Studio Production Major)
Classes Start: September
The Professional Sound & Business (Studio Production Major) program is ideal for students interested in understanding the recording, music and entertainment industries from both a business and creative standpoint. With in-depth studies encompassing all aspects of recording production and entertainment business management, the courses in this exciting program strike a balance between a technical and business education. The program provides students with a well-rounded perspective, allowing expanded career pathways in the music, film and broadcast industries, as well as related areas in the entertainment business sector.
- Graduates earn a Diploma in Professional Sound & Business – Studio Production Major.
- Full-time, two year program focused on both the business and creative sides of entertainment including the music, film and broadcast industries.
- Intensive practical experience in the theories and artistic styles used to setup and operate recording equipment for a variety of studio applications.
- Extensive study and practical hands-on experience in the areas of analog and digital recording technologies, acoustic principles, music production, MIDI and audio signal processing applications.
- Prepare for a career as an audio engineer for music, film and television post-production and digital media with highly specialized business skills or a career in the business of entertainment with highly specialized audio skills.
- Incredible opportunities to network and collaborate with students in other Metalworks Institute programs.
- Our exclusive educational partnership with Metalworks Studios provides students with unprecedented learning environments and networking opportunities.
- Extensive business networking opportunities derived through our educational partnerships with industry leading companies provide the most up to date information on trends and technologies impacting the entertainment business.
- The Professional Sound & Business – Studio Production Major Program is approved by the Ontario Ministry of Training, Colleges and Universities under the Private Career Colleges Act 2005.
AREAS OF STUDY INCLUDE
- Recording Engineering & Recording Studio Techniques
- Music Production
- Music Publishing
- Music Software & Digital Workstation Technologies
- Audio Post-Production for Film and Television
- MIDI and Synthesis
- Entertainment Marketing, Promotion & Publicity
- Acoustic Principles
- Business Technologies and Financial Management
- Music Management: Artist Management and Broadcast Management
- Music Theory & Applications
- Music & Culture
- Intellectual Properties & Entertainment Contract Law
- Digital Audio
- Audio Signal Processing Techniques
- Applicants must have an OSSD or equivalent
- Mature applicants are welcome to apply.
- Acceptance to the program is limited and subject to an academic assessment and acceptance interview.
- It is also expected that applicant’s demonstrate; keen interest in the recording, studio industries; entrainment business; possess creative aptitude and computer literacy.
- Program applications and a guide to the application process can be found at metalworksinstitute.com
- 2 Year Full-Time Program
- 1920 Hours of Instruction
- Typical class hours range between 20-22 hours per week
- 10-12 additional study hours per week are highly recommended
3611 Mavis Rd. Mississauga ON. Canada L5C 1T7
To arrange a tour of our campus or to contact our Admissions Department: