Classes Start: September
Encompassing all facets of the music and recording industries, the Music Business program features courses of study that allow students to learn essential business fundamentals and disciplines relevant in today’s fast-paced market. The program provides students with a diverse knowledge base and skill-set, leading to an unlimited array of career opportunities. Our ongoing, exclusive partnerships with Metalworks Studios and Metalworks Production Group ensure our students access to unparalleled facilities and networking opportunities.
- Graduates earn a Diploma in Music Business.
- Full-time, one year program strategically designed to get you thoroughly trained in all aspects of the music business.
- Our contemporary program reflects our continuing commitment to comprehensive research and innovative curriculum development.
- A program that provides a comprehensive mix of quantitative, analytical and strategic skills.
- In addition to progressive business concepts and management practices, this program features topics that offer students a wide array of business disciplines relevant to the entertainment field.
- Prepare for a career in music management, music publishing, A&R, music licensing, music marketing, music promotion, publicity and broadcast.
- Incredible opportunities to network and collaborate with students in other Metalworks Institute programs.
- Our exclusive educational partnership with Metalworks Studios provides students with unprecedented learning environments and networking opportunities.
- Extensive networking capabilities derived through our educational partnerships with industry leading companies provide the most up to date information on trends and technologies impacting the entertainment industry.
- The Music Business program is approved by the Ontario Ministry of Training, Colleges and Universities under the Private Career Colleges Act 2005.
AREAS OF STUDY INCLUDE
- Record Labels
- Music Publishing
- Music Management
- Artist Management
- Internet and Mobile Entertainment
- Intellectual Properties and Entertainment Contract Law
- Entertainment Marketing, Promotion and Publicity
- Financial Principles and Business Development
- Practical Business Software Technologies
- Practical Business Communications
- Business Ethics
- Concert Promotion
- Entertainment Technologies
- Broadcast Management
- Applicants must have an OSSD or equivalent.
- Mature applicants are welcome to apply.
- Acceptance to the program is limited and subject to an academic assessment and acceptance interview.
- It is also expected that applicant’s demonstrate keen interest in the business of music and entertainment, possess creative aptitude and computer literacy.
- Program applications and a guide to the application process can be found at http://metalworksinstitute.com
- 1 Year Full-Time Program
- 990 Hours of Instruction
- Typical class hours range between 22-24 hours per week
- 10-12 additional study hours per week are highly recommended
3611 Mavis Rd. Mississauga ON. Canada L5C 1T7
To arrange a tour of our campus or to contact our Admissions Department: