Live Event & Concert Production
Classes Start: September
The live event industry provides an immense array of career opportunities, and our Live Event & Concert Production Program was designed to provide the most up-to-date knowledge and skill-sets required to seize those opportunities. Our exclusive partnership with Metalworks Production Group provides a unique learning environment, offering students access to industry-leading equipment and facilities, preparing them for potential opportunities in music concerts, corporate events, theatrical productions, trade shows, exhibitions, conferences, and multi-media presentations.
- Graduates earn a Diploma in Live Event & Concert Production.
- Full-time, one year program strategically designed to get you thoroughly trained in all aspects of live event production.
- Intensive practical experience in the theories and artistic styles used to setup and operate audio and lighting equipment for a variety of live applications.
- Extensive study and practical hands-on experience in the areas of analog and digital technologies, acoustic principles, concert lighting technologies and electricity and electronics.
- Prepare for a career as a front of house engineer, monitor engineer or system tech.
- Incredible opportunities to network and collaborate with students in other Metalworks Institute programs.
- Our exclusive educational partnership with Metalworks Production Group provides students with unprecedented learning environments and networking opportunities.
- Our innovative curriculum and ongoing commitment to state-of-the-art technologies ensures that our program reflects the changing nature of the live events industry.
- The Live Event & Concert Production program is approved by the Ontario Ministry of Training, Colleges and Universities under the Private Career Colleges Act 2005.
AREAS OF STUDY INCLUDE
- Live Audio Systems
- Analog and Digital Consoles
- Music Software & Digital Workstation Technologies
- Concert Lighting Systems
- Acoustic Principles
- Critical Listening
- Live Stage Monitoring Systems
- Health & Safety in the Live Event Industry
- Electricity and Electronics Principles
- Show Systems Maintenance
- Audio Signal Processing Techniques
- Digital Audio
- Show System Installations
- Applicants must have an OSSD or equivalent.
- Mature applicants are welcome to apply.
- Acceptance to the program is limited and subject to an academic assessment and acceptance interview.
- It is also expected that applicant’s demonstrate keen interest in the live event industry, possess creative aptitude and computer literacy.
- Program applications and a guide to the application process can be found at metalworksinstitute.com.
- 1 Year Full-Time Program
- 990 Hours of Instruction
- Typical class hours range between 20-22 hours per week
- 10-12 additional study hours per week are highly recommended
3611 Mavis Rd. Mississauga ON. Canada L5C 1T7
To arrange a tour of our campus or to contact our Admissions Department: